About Me

My photo
Gladwin, Michigan, United States
Eugene Fritcher was born in Gladwin, Michigan in 1928. He has been the subject of many articles regarding his views on preservation of lakes, rivers, wildlife and forest land. The author lived an extremely active life in his younger years, and through his many jobs, acquaintances and his own experiences, he has gathered a multitude of writing material.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

HEREAFTER/GOLDEN YEARS

As I near the end of my golden years
when my soul from body vacates,
I ponder over the Hereafter life
many questions to me this creates.

Some say we meet departed friends
inside of a beautiful golden gate,
will this include their old friends?,
many of them I could not take.

I wonder if married more than once
you meet your departed wives up there,
which one of them will wear your ring,
or up in Hereafter don't they care?

Will our souls be dressed or bare?,
I hope at least we wear a shroud.
Of course we could conceal our selves
in the silver lining of a cloud.

Will I know how to play a harp
so I can join Hereafter's band.
Shall I be fitted with silver wings
that obey my flap command?

Eight million years souls have winged
their way to join Hereafter's throng,
I hope Hereafter has a lot of room
to crowd, push, and shove is wrong.

Now this barely tips the iceberg
of the many questions I behold.
What will Hereafter's climate be
chilly, warm, wet, hot or cold?

No comments: