About Me

My photo
Gladwin, Michigan, United States
Eugene Fritcher was born in Gladwin, Michigan in 1928. He has been the subject of many articles regarding his views on preservation of lakes, rivers, wildlife and forest land. The author lived an extremely active life in his younger years, and through his many jobs, acquaintances and his own experiences, he has gathered a multitude of writing material.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

FRACKING IN RHYME

Seems we are having a fracking war,
many oppose it, still others are for.
Each side having their right to choose,
for one to win the other must loose.

One side seeks money and natural gas,
the other clear water in drinking glass.
One has dollar backing to push it through,
the other pray their prayers come true.

Showered in this abundance of oil and gas,
a pipeline shall be built to seacoast fast.
Foreign tanker ships will line the shore,
gas prices will jump higher than before.


You may think I'm off, jumped my track,
I have eighty three years to recall back.
Been there, heard that, put in my time,
seen big money flip it's one sided dime.

Do your oil lease research long before,
that one sided contract comes in the door.
Take a drink of water before you choose,
many States already suffer fracking blues.

They say impossible, water won't burn,
no match by faucet if fracking a concern.
I'm not wealthy, my trucks 21 years old,
will drive 20 more, my oil rights to hold.

No fracture, fracking on my sacred land,
until the deed's ripped from my aging hand.
Frackers fear not you've got the dime,
government, big money back your behind.

No comments: